Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Besatt Interview


1. Can you give us a brief history of the band?

Besatt was founded in 1991 by Beldaroh and Weronis spread a satanic ideas. In first few years a band members were changing and now we have only a few reh’s from that period. In 1996 we entered a studio for a first time and recorded our first demo stuff titled "Czarci Majestat (Devil’s Majesty)". In 1997 we’ve started to record an regular albums, splits and MCD’s. Now we have six full length albums. From the very beginning till now Besatt always was a Satanic Band.

2. How would you describe your sound to someone who has never heard you before?

Extremal, satanic Black metal and it’s enough in my opinion.

3. What is the meaning behind the band's name?

Besatt in Scandinavian language means possessed. I think that this word is a really good explanation for our music. We like this band name and it’s part of us.

4. How would you describe your live shows and what are some of the best concerts that you have played so far?

Our gigs are a sort of a ceremonies for Satan. When we’re on stage, we’re not taking care how to play the best gig, but more how to make an atmosphere of black mass. We play a lot, so the same have a lot gigs, which were very good – e.g. Offenbach, Waltershauzen (Germany), Rotterdam (Nederlands), Campinas (Brasil), but they’re only a few from many great gigs.

5. What releases have you put out so far?

This is the list of our official publications:

-"Czarci majestat" (Devil’s Majesty) - demo 1996 r.-
"In Nomine Satanas" – first album 1997 r.-
"Hail Lucifer" – second album 1999 r.-
"Underground Satanic split" - split 2000 r.-
"Hellstorm" – third album 2001 r.-
"Korzenie zła"(Roots of Evil) - MCD 2002 r.-
"Scream of the Eastern Lands" – split 2003 r.-
"Sacrifice for Satan" – fourth album 2004 r.-
"Conquering the world with True Black Metal War" - split 2004 r.-
"Black Mass" – fifth album 2005 r.-
"Diabolic Altar" - Ep 2006 r.-"Triumph of Antichrist" – sixth album 2007 r.
-"United by the Black Flag" – split 2008 r.

In October 2007 will be edited our DVD from Brazil titled "Black Cult of Evil". In this moment we’re in studio in progress of recording our seventh full length album titled "Demonicon".

6. What direction do you see the music heading into during the future?

Besatt, from its very beginning, plays a satanic music and this will never change. The same from the very beginning we play black metal and will never change it as well. The only change is possible it’s progress of our musician skills – we can be better musicians and our music can be more technical, but I hope it’s good for a band’s style and our philosophy.

7. What are your main influences music wise or non music wise?

All world, which surrounds me, is one big hypocrisy. It has a big influence on that, what I’m creating. Priests in Poland has a real great power and they use it in their own ways and trying to put on us. I’m against to their worldview, so it automatically means that I’m antisocial.

8. What are you listening to nowadays and what are some good bands or releases that you would recommend?

I am follower of old Black Metal School and some bands are the Best for me from many years. If I should name them, I would give such names as: Gorgoroth and Enthroned. That bands are faithful to their ideas from the very beginnings and creating an amazing music. Of course there are many other great bands which I’m really respeck e.g. Tsjuder, Ragnarok, Watain, Taake.

9. What role does Satanism or Occultism play in the music or life?

Satanism is my force, I’m taking all of the best stuff to empower my ego. This is a real power I’m using in my own life to settle my unnatural needs. Thanks to my worldview and of course Satan, I can "open" many doors and penetrate a spaces, which are hidden for regular human. I can take from my life anything I want, and I can do that every time, without any bans, cause I’m not afraid of being damned and convicted to eternal death. Satan is a sort of symbol to my opposition to Christianity which for me is a one big heresy and dirty mark on honour of all mankind. Christianity killed real human instincts and own personality and created them slaves.

10. Whart are some good films or books that you would recommend?

In literature I am a real fan on Mario Puzo and his best book "The Godfather". The movie based on this novel is one of my favourites as well. Of course I’m talking of all "The Godfather’s" trilogy. Other movies I really like are: "The Devil’s Advocate", "God’s Army", "Omen" trilory, "Rosemary’s Child".

11. In America Poland is known for Behemoth, N.S Black Metal like Graveland and Classic Death Metal bands such as Vader, where does Besatt or Satanic Black Metal stand in the scene out there?

I can say that Besatt is on high top, if we’re taking a Black Metal bands. But you need to know that music is not a sport game, it mostly bases on taste of listening of persons who are listeners. In Besatt we know what we want to do and trying do it in the best way we can. We play our Satanic Black Metal and it’s the most important to us.

12. Any final words?

Now we’re in progress of recording our new album, so I want to ask people to wait a bit for "Demonicon" – it will be a piece of solid Satanic Black Metal!!!

13. Thanks for the Interview?

Facebook
facebook official
Myspace
Official website
Spotify

No comments:

Post a Comment