Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Morbid Slaughter Interview




1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the band since the recording of the new ep?

Hello, Here Envenom. Well, after the recording of “WICCA” we were practicing for our show with Mortuary Drape. It was something special for us, after one year and half we return to the stage, was our 3rd show. Now we are waiting for the release day.  

2.You have a new ep coming out at the end of May, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical sound of the new recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?

Yes, of course.  In fact, Wicca is a song from 2011. I composed this song with other four. I mean, many songs of the band are composed; I have a Full length completely written. Changes, I think that we will change more with time, you know,  MORBID SLAUGHTER starts when I was a boy recently out of the high school. Time passes, and in those year things happen. Wicca is not about criminals, murder or things like that. It's spiritual, you know, the lyrics changed a lot. That not means I will not play the old songs again. I mean, the songs for the Full length are older than Wicca. I need to show those old songs, is part of MORBID SLAUGHTER, from the years of wrath to the beginning of the transcendence of the soul. The other song is "Nightly Breath of God", this one is more of this times, of my spiritual art, is a trance facing the unknown.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the newer music?

When I start MORBID SLAUGHTER, I was 16. I start writing Black Rock Punk songs (these were recorded for our second demo). I was in the horror movies and my teenage vehemence. I start alone without support of no one. I write about death, murders, horror. I always searched to know about trances and the spiritual transcendence, the unknown was always there. The first demo tape was a completely a nightly dream. You know, for that I have a special affection to it. In this time I can say that the lyrics topics (talking from the beginning to these times) are about: Horror, Death and the occultist magic of the unknown


4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Morbid Slaughter'?

Like adjective, Morbid means, a taste for the cruelty, the taboo, things against the moral. Slaughter, also can mean "Sacrifice". So, you have to use your Illusion, right there. If you don't want to seek a mean beyond the words, you can say: Oh yeah! You are about death and blood. That's true, but there is something more there, and you can say: It represent the sacrifice of the taboos, the liberation of the forbidden tastes, a beast that we use like a bridge between our terrenal life and our divine curse with the unknown, free will... I chose to call it: MORBID SLAUGHTER

5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?

We only played three times in all these years. The first and second were horrible to me, problems with sound or things like that. People always react really well with us, but I was not satisfied. In the third concert we were opening the Mortuary Drape's show. I was really excited; we sound really well and it was the first time that we present ourselves like a four band. Always was about a reckless dance with the madness, you know, Rock n roll, the voodoo rhythm of the night. I remember the guy in the cabin said to us: When the lights come on, start. Lights on and we start with a violent ecstasy.

6.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?

Yes, there are two gigs in some cities of our country. More gigs will come in the future, but until now, just two are the ones we know.

7.On past releases you have done Sodom and Bathory covers, what was the decision behind doing your own versions of these classic songs?

Nothing special. We were young, I listen (until these days) a lot of Bathory. And well, the cover of Sodom was good for us; I remember that I cut the final part of the song. These songs are from the Demo-Rehearsal 2010. I hate that demo. But it was fine to submit the band.


8.A few months back Putrid Cult released all your demos on a compilation, where you satisfied with the final product?

Yes, we are. Was something special for Europe, i mean, we have no many contact with people there by things like the expensive shipping. So, I think the compilation was good to let it know to Europe about us.

9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black and thrash metal?

They said to us good comments about our music. We are glad with all the comments.

10. What is going on with the other musical projects these days that some of the band members are involved with?

Well, Aggressive Tyrant has Profaner, they have a 7'' EP waiting for this year; Necrophiliac Sodomizer has Evil Spectrum, they have a 7'' EP waiting, too; Ripping corpse has Sexorcist, I don't know too much about they, what they go to release or things like that.

 I have my own project, i mean, isn't metal – It’s Punk Rock, but it's something really strange, you know, another kind of trance, it's about the sound of the unknown at the heart of the night.

 11.When can we expect a full length album and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?

If things going well maybe you will hear first a Mini-album or maybe the Full length. I don't know, we need to hear offers and talk because we ask for artistic freedom. I see Morbid Slaughter like art, always looking for reach the beyond the limits, you know, of course, we always will be a rock band, a metal band - whatever! but I when I compose a song I don't think or care about "YEAH THIS SOUNDS REALLY OLD SCHOOL BLA BLA BLA OR YEAH THIS IS HOW IT MUST TO BE METAL AARRGH" That isn't me. Morbid Slaughter is an artistic way to express darkness.

12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

Bathory is the biggest influence in us (As a band). But, that was in the beginning, now we know our sound, I know the Morbid Slaughter's sound, and is not about be underground or old school or things like that, It's about be Morbid Slaughter.

Nowadays I still listen Bathory, Dissection, Watain, Led Zeppelin, The Doors and bands like In Solitude, The Tower, No future, Tribulation or another bands from a different scene of a metalhead or banger.

13. How would you describe your views on Occultism?

The Occultism is something very personal in own person. I mean, the shapes that I have from my childhood took form, the exploration was always a personal desire. I saw these devils in music; the inspiration, to wander in an inner exploration. Does it have an important place in Morbid Slaughter? Yes, it does. Does it mean that we or I think that I’m a soldier of hell, 666, so fucking evil blablabla? No, it doesn't. I have my own life, but the spirit always is there, in a connection with a path where you walk.



14.What are some of your non musical interests?

Deserts, catacombs, Jungle; books, paints, movies, photography or many kinds of arts.

15.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Break on through to the other side


Facebook
Myspace
ReverbNation
SoundCloud

No comments:

Post a Comment