Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Nostalgie Depression Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the musical project since the release of the new album?

A: Well, since her first demo called "Underneath of the Fullmoon I", there has been a lot of people following this project ... give us their unconditional support and that I really appreciate it. Then the time came the "November Moon" which is a tribute album to Mayhem, Burzum and Morbid ... more people really knew the band and album that caused some impact, and had mostly good reviews. Support continued to increase when freed "Lamentos de la Tierra Lugubre" and it has continued until now that I released my last album called "Grays Days... Sad Happiness", the support has been incredible and I appreciate that very much. From this release, the band has had more popularity, people take the time to listen to our music, and most importantly, we are not so unknown.

2. Recently you have released a new full length, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the new recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released so far?

A: True, few weeks ago, we released the fourth full length album called "Grays ... Sad Days Happiness". This album define it as the darkest of all, also the most friendly I've ever done, besides being original in style, when I made this album, Silencer was my inspiration, my mood was the worst, so this album reflects that ... the darkness, anger, depression, melancholy and nostalgia. This album differs entirely November Moon for example, by way of composition and creation, but everything is set, there are spaces in the song that is totally dedicated to the ambient sound, no elaborate parties, this album is full of nuances and variations in the dark and depressing. For me it's the best album I've done.

3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you have brought into your so music so far?

A: The lyrical content I put into the songs is lost love, depression, misanthropy, conspiracies, nostalgia, sadness, hatred. Sometimes I write stories and put too, but he was not very satisfied because I like to write things that happen to me or things I feel, falsehoods and stories invented for me, not going into a song, do not feel themselves so ... entire lyrical content goes in my songs, are things that have happened in my life and even though things are so, I'm very proud of all.

4. In 2014 alone you have released a great amount of material, do you feel you spend a lot of time and effort with this musical project?

A:It is true that I have released a lot of material for one year, but I remember that this project began in 2012 and since then have been doing music. For when it started in 2014 I already had 3 full albums, just missing where I have a label to release all my stuff, luckily, I found the best label "Depressive Illusions Records". This project is and will be my life and as such, I spend all my time, plus I'm doing what I love, which is music, so my efforts are going to 1000%.

5. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Nostalgie Depression'?

A: The inspiration for the name of the project comes from two bands that I like as "Nostalgie" which is a French band or Canadian and of "Depression" was more for my mood, the full name was inspired by "Nocturnal Depression" which is a very good for my band. Not that the name means much, but it is a combination of things we like.

6. On the recordings... you record all of the musical instruments by yourself but you use 3 different vocalists, what was the decision behind having 3 people on vocals instead of just settling on one singer?

A: Actually I have only two vocalists, one left the band for child's play, it was very childish but ... things happen for a reason. It is true that I play all the instruments and also I would be the singer, but the microphone input of my computer is broken, so I can not record anything about voices ... then in my mind the idea of looking for a vocalist and it was ... I'm very happy with the results of the vocalists. The three vocalists in the band were doing their job flawlessly!

7. Recently you have been a part of 3 different splits, can you tell us a little bit more about these albums and also the bands that have participated on these recordings?

A: Exactly ... any of the splits proposed by me, such as 'Dias Grises de Soledad & Depresion'. This split is made up Nostalgie Depression and Darlamente Norvadian of El Salvador. Both bands are part of Depressive Illusions Records label, so we got in touch and gave us the idea of doing something together, and well, the result is the split. The second split called "Memories in a Mystical Story" is comprised of Nostalgie Depression and Nicrotek of Indonesia, this was the first split I did with another band, after I contacted Darlament Norvadian. The last split is made with four bands, three of them are from Indonesia ... Nazaroth, Crying September and Hellvete. This split is very good, has the best of each band and represents very well his name "Kill your Memories With the Pain". I invite you to listen to these three works, will not be disappointed.

8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?

A: Many people support my project, many of the criticisms that have been made to my albums have been good, mostly to people like the music I make and that makes me very happy, because that's what I expect from this, I want this music and my music is made known to the whole world that is valued and that the world can join listening to music. I think Nostalgie Depression is on the right path and that sometimes does not happen. I will continue making music until you can no longer live.

9. Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?

A: I see myself as a normal person who expresses his feelings clearer now. I see myself as a person who loves music and does what he likes. I do not think much will change the picture if I'm more famous or less famous. There are some who go crazy or imbeciles with fame but I have clear that however famous it is, nothing will change and I know that I will remain the same as now. That if I see myself as a musician with more capacity now in terms of creativity and quality of recording, I hope it is so, I always fight for what I want and if it must be so now, it will.

10. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

A:Well, my influences are Burzum, Mayhem, Silencer, Uaral, Moloch, Nocturnal Depression, Nostalgie, Lustre, Drowning the Light, Psychonaut 4 Emperor, Darkthrone, Hellhammer, Bathory, Aaskereia, Summoning, and many more bands. Whenever I listen to everything really. One of my new albums called "Beaucheff Street Sessions" is influenced entirely by classical music. Today I listen to classical music, metal, power metal, pop 90s, 80s music, rock, endless good music for me and my ears, but classical music is the law.

11.Does Occultism play any role in your music?

A: In my new album "Luciferi Rituum" speaks on Satanism, church conspiracies, occultism, necromancy and all those songs I like apart from the depression and all those things. Always wanted to do an album with lyrics like that, I'm not a Satanist, or maybe if we all have light and dark inside of us depends on how we use it, is how it goes in life I think. The art of this album I finished yesterday and is incredible! On my Facebook page are all the news, please visit the website to know more about the project.

12. What are some of your non musical interests?

A: So far I have nothing outside of music, I live for my music, plus it's the only thing I know to do, sometimes I play sports and I write novels and poems, but nothing more! It's like being alone, but I prefer it this way because I like what I do and as I have my life.

13. Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

A:I would like to thank this zine, for making me the interview and review my new album "Grays Days... Sad Happiness" thanks to all the fans who support us, thanks to the labels and everyone for reading this . Support and keep alive the flame of Black Metal Underground!

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Nostalgie_Depression/3540381576


No comments:

Post a Comment