Tuesday, March 3, 2015

L.A.C.K Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

Acheron – This project was already born in the late 2010 under the moniker of "Anti/Life".
Me and Kjiel ( Eyelessight,Sacrimoon ) decided to start a new musical project,which unfortunately has never caught on.
After several commitments with my current bands,in the late 2014 i've decided to resume all the work left,and start a new project with all the musical experience that I have gained over these years.
I've recorded with the same Kjiel and with the help of Maylord (Keyboards with Dark Haunters ) the first demo “Where everything's gone” ,released some days ago by Depressive Illusions Records in 66 copies.

2.Recently you have released a demo, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?

Acheron – Cold,angered and atmospherical black metal,with a lot of post rock/metal influences.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with your music?

Acheron – I usually talk about past experiences,bad moments during my lifetime,but basically L.A.C.K. 's lyrics are based on mentally disturbed people,self-hatred,loneliness and about the fear of being abandoned.

4.You use the name 'Acheron' with this project and a few other bands, do you have an interest in Greek Mythology?

Acheron – Yeah,i like it. I'm not a real expert about,but I have always been fascinated by these legends and mythological tales.

5.I know that the band name is short for Life's Afflictions Can Kill', how does this name fit in with the musical style that you play?

Acheron – All kind of problems can ruin a man.Those can tire you out,make you lose confidence in yourself and bring you to the end.
This is the meaning of this acronym,all the situations,alle the AFFLICTIONS,even the banal ones,could destroy you phisically or psychologically.

6.With this project you record everything by yourself, how would you compare working solo to working with a full band?

Acheron – From a certain point of view it fits better to work alone for me,cause I can decide how the entire work has to sound from the beginning,without too much trouble during the songwriting.
But don't get me wrong,I work well with a complete line up as well,You've just to find the right balance between those situations.

7.On the demo you did you a Nocturnal Depression cover, what was the decision behind during your own version of one of their songs?

Acheron – I'm huge fan of that French band,this one wants to be my personal tribute to those guys,whom are one of my main inspirations.


8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?

Acheron – I'm still at the beginning,but with this little work I did,I received several compliments from people from around the world.
Really glad for this,I hope that they will appreciate the next works too...

9.What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that you are a part off?

Acheron – Really good! I'm planning different releases and tour with my other projects,I'm really busy guy at the moment!

10.When can we expect a full length album and also where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?

Acheron – Yeah,sure. I'm currently working on the first full lenght and other releases.
I will start the recording sessions in a couple of months with a new great line up.
You will get some news as soon as possible!

11.What are some of the bands or musical projects that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

Acheron – There are a lot of bands that inspired me the most. At the moment I can quote you Austere,Angest Herre,Psychonaut 4,Eyelessight,Nocturnal Depression,Forgotten Tomb...
I listen a lot of bands and different kind of music nowadays,don't have specific playlist now...

12.What are some of your non musical interests?

Acheron – Watching Animes and Movies,reading,football...

13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Acheron – Thanks a lot for this opportunity.
Please listen to L.A.C.K.,our first demo “Where everything's gone” has been released by Depressive Illusions Records days ago,hope you would appreciate my first work.
Thank you guys!

Bandcamp
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment