Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Deisdaemonia Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

I started the band back in 2009. Actually then it was more like an idea. My previous band (70s hard rock sound) was just disbanded and I was in need of creating something of my own. I was listening heavily to black metal and american death metal, and to be honest that was the music that I wanted to create. The band as a form is a reflection of my inner world and my thoughts and ideas. I have been influenced musically by older bands but the lyrical, philosophical and idealistic part is exclusively my own creation. I don't follow trends.

2.Recently you have released your first album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?

The majority of the songs on "Khthonian Hymns" were written in the period between 2009-2011. Some lyrics were written in that period as well but the sound, the process of perfecting the songs and the lyrics was done some months before I hit the studio to record. As a sound it's more heavily produced than your average black metal sound. And I did this intentionally, because I wanted to have a mix between black and death metal than just black metal. Although I identify Deisidaemonia as a black metal band, I can not deny the fact that Deicide is one of my favourite bands and they influenced me heavily. So yes the first album you can say it's a mix between black metal and death metal, flavoured with some heavy metal leads every now and then.

3.The project has been around since 2009 but you waited until 2016 to release any music, can you tell us a little bit more about the first 7 years?

As I said before I was writing material. I never thought before to record professionally, mainly because I was recording my ideas at home so maybe it wasn't a need for me until lately I suppose. Also between 2010-2011 , Deisidaemonia were a full band. Because I just left a band that we were doing a lot of live shows and I wanted to play live ( I still want to be honest) so I searched for other people. We had some time in the studio, but I was dissapointed mainly because of ideological and philosophical differences. So I kept the band one-man for the time being and we will see in the future if I go live. I hope so! Also I have complete material for 2 more albums, the only thing I have to do is to record them in a studio. And they are different style from what I did in "Khthonian Hymns". The one more melancholic-tremolo picking black metal and the other let's say in the Mayhem's Ordo Ad Chao vain.

4.Some of your lyrics cover Luciferian and Anti Christian themes, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in the dark arts?

Yes. Lucifer for me is the archetype of wisdom and knowledge.The light in the darkness, the fire that burns ignorance and gives life a value that you can not find in the materialistic modern rotten world. Satan is the force of the cosmos that is inherited to us through milenia of evolution. This force is the quest for knowledge and the primeval force that is to question every god and every power in the world so that we can be individuals and not mass.Also I view Satan as the darkness. My allies are both light and darkness and there is a balance between them. We need darkness because darkness makes you more powerful and makes you to trust your feelings and emotions or better to master them. It's the first stage that we all need in terms of spiritual ascension.And we need light because light is life giving. And life means wisdom and knowledge of the microcosm of ourselves and the macrocosm of the universe, to know what is our purpose. We are here for a reason but the majority of the masses are just clay born empty shells who the only thing that they care is how to have fun and shit.
I am not theistic in terms of that I believe in a horned god and in an underworld that it exists beneath our feet and all these abrahamic bullshit. But I'm spiritual.
Also I don't follow trends and it seems that they are many trendies nowadays that they follow the path of Jon Nödtveidt and I mean the chaos gods and the MLO religion. Maybe they do that because Watain hit the mainstream in a good term, I guess sheeps will always be sheeps no matter what ideology, religion etc. Nevertheless I developed my own beliefs from scratch. I don't need a lodge or a poser black mass to celebrate the abrahamic devil and dress like a goat. My beliefs are my own as it is myself.


5.Also on the album you also brought in the mythology of your home country, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in this topic?

Every ancient man was spiritually and mentally more developed from the modern man. Especially modern day Greeks are a shame and a shadow of the ancient Greeks. I blame christianity entirelly. Ancient Greek kosmotheasis (kosmotheasis in Greek means world view) has influenced my own path and quest of wisdom and knowledge. The kosmotheasis of the ancients is so spiritually deep that we can not comprehend it. Every word and thought had a meaning, every god had a meaning. They didn't view the gods like christians view Jesus Christ. They didn't worship, they were honour and adored them. I read a lot about our ancient gods and their older gods: the titans. Titans are primeval. They viewed titans as the primeval forces of the universe. All of these are very fascinating to me and I feel an urge to learn more and study and comprehend them. I am an archaeology student as well so I have a special desire to learn more from and for the ancients. I really advice every man to search his roots and his ancestors gods to learn more about the cosmos. Whatever they are Greeks, Polish, French, Persians etc. Abrahamic religions destroyed the world and commited genocide to our culture. We must get rid of them as soon as possible and starting from an individual scale. And this is my main interest in the ancient world, if you understand your roots you will question the present and you will improve your future. A man without identity is easier to become one with the mass.


6.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Deisdaemonia'?

Deisidaemonia is a greek word, in English it means superstition, or ominous tale. I decided to use this word because in my lyrics I talk about old gods, titans and in general things that the christian church and the modern world see as evil and sometimes dangerous superstitions.

7.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to remain solo?

I'm very busy at the moment with other musical projects, working etc. but maybe in the future I will definately search for a constant drummer ofcourse. And maybe one more guitarist and a bassist for live shows. But in terms of songwriting I wanna write all by myself and have a drummer helping me with rhythms etc. that I don't really know. I have a very basic knowledge of drumming.

8.The album was released on 'Old Temple', are you happy with the support that they have given you so far?

Yeah, everything so far is good. Eryk is passionate with black metal and this is a very good thing, to have people love the thing that their doing, whatever this thing is. Also I would like to thank Ungod from 'metal throne' as well.

9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?

So far I have good reviews from people that I shared my music with. Actually I have realistic reviews and they tend to be like my review on the album. So I'm happy with them. Every constructive feedback is good for every man to evolve.

10.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?

I write a lot of stuff in general, at the moment I record a dark synthwave album that is inspired by artists like Vangelis, John Carpenter etc. I have also some space ambient thing going. But in terms of black metal as I said before, 2 album material is already ready for recording both lyrically and musically. The only thing I need is to record them. How Deisidaemonia will evolve? Within the realm of black metal ofcourse but different every time both musically and lyrically.The lyrics will always shows my ideology/philosophy. These (my personal beliefs) are my fuel for writing black metal.


11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

First of all I am a black metaler myself and black metal is my highest passion in terms of music. I'm saying that because metalers are always butthurt and ready to call someone untrue and similar shit when they don't listen exclusively metal. That's being said I listen mostly Black Metal, Synthwave, Space Ambient, Classical music, soundtracks, some classic Heavy Metal bands, nordic folk or hellenic folk. If the music is good, honest and have a spirit I listen whatever the style. Except of course of all these plastic modern shit like pop, hip hop etc. To be honest from the metal world I listen exclusiverly black metal. The other styles really bore me to death. Except of the gods of heavy metal like Iron Maiden, Manowar, Metallica etc. Bands that I listen a lot from the black metal world are the classics to be honest Burzum almost everyday, Dissection, Inquisition, Peste Noire. Check also Human Serpent and Himonas for good black metal from Greece. From the not black metal world I listen a lot to Perturbator and Carpenter Brut dark synthwave from France (give them a chance), Carbon Based Lifeforms, Man of No Ego (space ambient) and I'm waiting like crazy the new Inquisition and the new Nargaroth.
The bands and musicians that influenced me heavilly (although I believe, I've developed my own style) are mainly Deicide, Dissection, Inquisition, Burzum.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

First of all, thank you for the interview. Keep searching for answers and question everything even yourself. Against the modern world. We are Prometheus Disciples.

Hails, Deisidaemon.

SoundCloud

No comments:

Post a Comment