Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Archaeos Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
Hails! I am Archaeos Arcon, former member of Archaeos. First of all I want to thank you for giving me the chance to talk about our ancient and apocryphal project.
I started the band  back in the September of 2015 by me (Archaeos Archon) as an one man project. I just wanted to express some inner thoughts and melodies that had stack in my head at the time. So, I took a microphone I put it on the amp and I started to record. That was the first demo named ‘’Iahes’’ which I dubbed it on tapes and copied 50 hand numbered covers. Later the underground label CELTIC FOG PRODUCTIONS released it on CD-R. The same year I recorded 4 more songs to put in the split with Karkinos named ‘’Archegono Miasma’’. CELTIC FOG PRODUCTIONS released this as well on CD-R. After this I said that I have to step forward, so I asked Geegor for a cooperation.  He took over the bass, the drums and also the mixing and the mastering. The result was incredible. With the new line we recorded an EP named ‘’Forgotten Art of Sacrifice’’ and we covered a song named ‘’Necranastasis’’ by Varathron(1989).

2.Recently you have released a new album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
‘’Forgotten Art of Sacrifice’’ was a huge step from the last release (Archegono Miasma). Finally, I had a proper sound and the knowledge on how to record some riffs. Geegor helped a lot! He played the bass and the drums, also he did the mixing and the mastering. I wanted that old-school sound of the 90’s so, I just bought a microphone and put it in front of the amp again. But this time I recorded more channels and it took more time to compose the songs and to write the lyrics.

3.Your lyrics cover a lot of occult topics, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in 'Occultism'?
I think that the occult is the knowledge of the unknown, of the divine elements that we don’t see. Lets just say that occultism for me is the way I see the life.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Archaeos'?
This is a long story that it goes years before. It comes from the greek word Αρχαίος which means The Ancient One. To whom is reffering to… this is a different story. It may be a forbidden titan, god, or demon.

5.The album was released by both 'Lower Silesian Stronghold' and ‘War Productions’ are you happy with the support both labels have given you so far?
LOWER SILESIAN STRONGHOLD released the cd on 500units which is a very promising amount for a band like Archaeos. All went well about this release and I am happy of course. At this time I am waiting for my copies by WAR PRODUCTIONS that will release the album on tape format.
 6.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
I made a lot of friends after these releases from all over the world and I am glad that they care about my music and supporting me all the time in every release and I thank them for this! Hails comrades!
7.Recently you where a part of a split with 'Karkinos', what are your thoughts on the other band that had participated on the recording?
Wampyrion is a nice guy and good musician after all! He participated in many acts and with some very important persons of our scene. He has his own style. And that’s a good think because it is very difficult to achieve this. One word describe this band.. MISANTHROPY! 

8.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
We will always play black metal. That’s all I can say. I don’t know what we can do tomorrow.

9.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
My main influence for this release were the first and second wave of black metal  bands (Bathory, Celtic Frost, Rotting Christ, Necromantia, Kawir, Varathron). Also the traditional music of Ancient Greece. The album is composed on these scales because I wanted to reach the pagan feeling and not just to make a ‘’pagan-like’’ album. All the lyrics and the music is based on Ancent Greece!
Although the genre that I have loved and listening to it all of my time is the bestial black/death metal. And bands like Archgoat, Beherit, Black Witchery, Revenge, Conqueror are huge influence for me.

10.What are some of your non musical interests?
At this time I do my studies on physiotherapy. I have a huge interest for the human nature, anatomy etc..

11.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
I want to thank you so much about this interview. Also thank the readers of your magazine. I wish all the best to you and your magazine! As much as we dream we stay alive! Keep the black flame alive! Black metal is out Cult! Fuck Trends! 
Regards, Archaeos Archon

Bandcamp
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment